Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Mo Monroe in Mo Town

I was going to comment on Pauls post, but figure I had enough to say to make a legit post myself.


Andre Drummond AND Greg Monroe need to step up. Monroe has improved in every possible category from his rookie season, bringing in almost 16pts/10reb. But, he hasn't been a strong inside presence defensively. If Monroe can continue to develop his already strong offensive/rebounding game (18ts/11reb is a  realistic improvement) AND start to get some blocks and anchor the Paint (6'11 is a lot to work with) the Pistons will continue to improve. I haven't even mentioned Villanueva, Jerebko, and Maxiell. The Pistons have players inside, they just don't produce as much as they should; they have yet to show any indication they will be anymore than role players. Drummond and Monroe are the Piston's only real hope for starting-caliber frontcourt players.

Drummond was a gamble pickup with tons of upside, but from everything I'm reading, it's 50/50 if he works out. If he live up to his 'potential' and I say that based on other peoples' reviews of him, the Pistons will be successful. I think strong play from Drummond HAS to matched by an improved Monroe to make the Pistons, as a team, more dangerous in the Central Division.

I feel like a strong performances in the paint will naturally improve the play of the backcourt. Knight and Stuckey are talented guards that can score, but both don't really distribute the ball. If Detroit Big men show up, I'm sure team assist totals will increase.

No comments:

Post a Comment