Sunday, October 21, 2012

All That and a Bag of Potato Chips

Dwight's gone. This is Glen Davis's team now. Be afraid Eastern Conference. Be very afraid.

I think the Magic will be duking it out with the Bobcats this year for the worst record. I feel fairly confident that this team will be in rebuild mode for awhile, especially with the bounty of assets they got in the Dwight Deal. Don't get me wrong, Aaron Afflalo is a great SG: he's selfless, a lockdown perimeter defender, and an overall team player. He reminds a lot of Trevor Ariza in that regard. But, you cannot build a team around him; he's a compliment player and I say that with the upmost respect.

He is the bag of baked BBQ chips to a $5 footlong. Delicious. Just not enough to satisfy your afternoon hunger. They need a $5 footlong, a new franchise player, and until they get it, Orlando, isn't going to be satisfying anyone except winning teams looking for an easy win.

I ask of you: "Where is your $5 footlong, Orlando? Is it Hedo Turkoglu? Jameer Nelson? Glen Davis? JJ Redick?

I don't think so.


No comments:

Post a Comment