Thursday, November 1, 2012

NBA 2K13: Association Check In


I just started my second season of my association mode. I went 26-3 in my first season, going on to win the NBA Championship with League MVP and Final MVP, Derrick Rose (28.8ppg,7.4apg)


                                 Derrick Rose          James Harden          Paul George          Josh Smith          Chris Kaman

                                                    Austin Rivers                Jeremy Lamb                   Kenneth Faried

                                                  Fab Melo             Josh Sleby           Joel Pryzbilla       Brian Scalabrine

Starting 5
PG Derrick Rose, 96    $18mil
SG James Harden, 86   $14mil
SF Paul George, 84      $12mil
PF Josh Smith, 88         $12mil
C Chris Kaman, 75       $3mil

Bench
PG Austin Rivers, 72       $2mil
SG Jeremy Lamb, 75        $2mil
SF Kenneth Faried, 77      $1.5mil

PF Fab Melo, 59               $494K
C Joel Pryzbilla, 60           $490K
PG Josh Selby, 63             $884K
PF Brian Scalbrine, 44      $494K

In the original fantasy draft:
Rd. 1 Derrick Rose
Rd. 2 Roy Hibbert
Rd. 3 Paul George
Rd. 4 Kenneth Faried
Rd. 5 Jeremy Lamb
Rd. 6 Courtney Lee
Rd. 7 Austin Rivers
Rd. 8 Yi Jianlian
Rd. 9 Josh Hamilton
Rd. 10 Robin Lopez
Rd. 11 Josh Selby
Rd. 12 Brian Scalabrine
I immediately made a move to secure me a #2 player, James Harden. I traded Roy Hibbert and draft picks.
To fill the hole I created at Center, I moved Courtney Lee and draft picks for Chris Kaman.

This roster was good enough to win and it stayed under the cap. A good bit of help came from the 4 rookie contracts.

In the offseason, I picked up FA Josh Smith and extended the contract of Paul George. I was able to resign George, and go over the cap, because of his 3 Bird years.

I like to challenge myself and stay below the cap every season, even if I can get by through loopholes. So I moved Yi, Hamilton, and Lopez for Fab Melo, Pryzbilla, and future draft picks.

I am currently under the cap $1.5mil.

I increased the difficulty in the last 5 games of the first season to All-Star and think I may move up further to balance out an improved team.

As it stands, the morale of all players is extremely high, with the only exception being Jeremy Lamb, who is unsatisfied with his role as 6th man. I may move Faried to free more minutes at the SF spot. I feel Lamb is more valuable because he has 2 years remaining on his rookie contract (to Faried's 1) and at 6'5, he is a beautiful replacement for James Harden off the bench (just like Rivers is for Rose.) I can probably grab a future draft pick and about $1mil in cap in cap relief.

All players beside Scalbrine, Pryzbilla, Selby, and Melo are under contract for at least 2 more seasons (assuming I move Faried.)

The team is so much fun to play with. Cheers fellow 2Kballers!

No comments:

Post a Comment